Write for Rights Holiday Party! Join Amnesty International Portland (Group 48) for our annual Write for Rights holiday event. We’ll write letters to stand in solidarity with and free human rights defenders across the world and shine a light on human rights abuses. Stop in and stay as long as you can. Write letters. Talk to other activists. Fortify yourself with the free refreshments. This year’s letter-writing cases feature individuals from Brazil, Egypt, India, Iran, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Morocco, South Africa, Ukraine, Venezuela.
Date: Thursday December 13, 2018
Time: 7:00-9:00pm (set up starts at 6:30pm)
Location: Eliot Center Buchan Building (Room A108) at First Unitarian Church (church map)
1011 SW 12th Ave, Portland, OR 97205
What to bring:
- Food (an appetizer, main dish or dessert)
- Utensils, plates, cups, napkins
- Greeting cards (non-denominational and non-Amnesty cards)
- Paper for letter writing
- $1.15 stamps (international postage)
- 50-cent stamps (domestic postage)
- Copies of the AIUSA Write for Rights cases (case sheets and/or sample letters)
Please RSVP by adding a comment to this post and include some details if you plan to bring food, supplies and/or guests.
Note: Comments are moderated on this site, therefore, they do not appear immediately after submission.