Join Amnesty International Group 48 for our annual Write for Rights holiday event. We’ll write letters and shine a light on human rights abuses. This year’s letter-writing cases feature 10 young people under threat in Iran, Egypt, Canada, Mexico, Philippines, South Sudan, Nigeria, Greece, China, and Belarus.
Thursday, December 12
6:30-9:30pm (setup begins at 6pm)
Eliot Center Buchan Building (Room A108)
First Unitarian Church
1011 SW 12th Ave, Portland
What to bring:
- Food (an appetizer, main dish or dessert)
- Utensils, plates, cups, napkins
- Greeting cards (non-denominational and non-Amnesty cards)
- Paper for letter writing
- $1.15 stamps (international postage)
- 55-cent stamps (domestic postage)
- Copies of the AIUSA Write for Rights cases (case sheets and/or sample letters)
Please RSVP by adding a comment to this post and include some details if you plan to bring food, supplies and/or guests.
Note: Comments are moderated on this site, therefore, they do not appear immediately after submission.